FOR PUERTO RICO
is the not-for-profit, non-partisan, go-to, give-to foundation that is connected, on-the-ground and dedicated to driving a future for Puerto Rico with a focus on driving smart infrastructure change. Turning devastation into opportunity, we are laying the groundwork for a better Puerto Rico through immediate relief efforts for future growth with a focus on resiliency, sustainability and economic viability.
WHAT WE'VE DONE
- Hosted 180 businesses and NGO’s to provide modern office facilities
- Partnered with Red Cross to help distribute 20,000 food
and water packages per day
- Raised $2 million dollars and millions in donated goods for distribution to those that need it most
- Served as certified fiscal agent to help other non-profit entities ensure monetary and physical goods are handled properly
- Reached 28,000 people in 41 communities to deliver 6,100 gallons of drinking water and the equivalent in nonperishable foods
Delivered 100 high-capacity Berkey water filters with the support of Oxfam to provide clean drinking water to over 10,000 people in nursing homes and other high-impact communities
STABILIZING SMALL BUSINESS WITH A GRANT PROGRAM
through a grant fund to mitigate the loss of businesses in Puerto Rico. The first stage of this grant program was started with a $50,000 fund to revive key commercial neighborhoods on Loíza Street in Santurce, Aguadilla and Ponce. At the time being, $21,500 have been disbursed in Loíza Street. Some of the impacted businesses are: Punto Medio, Rumors, Envío Mi Tierra, La Coctelera, Len.T.juela, Double Cake among others.
HURRICANE MARÍA RELIEF FUND
Spearheading relief and recovery efforts from the private sector.
After Hurricane Maria devastated Puerto Rico, we’ve been helping the private sector and local community-based organizations channel their resources to properly deliver immediate relief and support to more than three million U.S citizens on the island. At the same time, we’ve partnered up with Puerto Rican private sector leaders to redesign and rebuild the country and its path towards economic prosperity.